The deadline has come and passed.
The Baltimore Ravens are getting ready for their season opener against the New York Jets, and unfortunately Lamar Jackson will not have a new deal in place when he takes the field. In a statement they issued fpllowing Lamar’s deadline he set to get a deal done, the Baltimore Ravens announced that they were unable to reach a contract extension with the former NFL MVP. Lamar Jackson does not have an agent, he’s repping himself, and told the team he was unwilling to negotiate once the season begins.
“Despite best efforts on both sides, we were unable to reach a contract extension with Lamar Jackson.”
Statement from General Manager Eric DeCosta. pic.twitter.com/HpaD2ccSp2
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) September 9, 2022
The Ravens and Jackson will resume contract talks following the season. Now it seems like they will use the franchise tag on him in order to give them more time to figure out an extension. Jackson is said to be seeking a deal similar to the $230 million guaranteed contract the Cleveland Browns gave Deshaun Watson. Baltimore has shown no interest in giving Watson that kind of a guaranteed payout.
The Ravens reportedly made a new offer to Jackson recently, but he wasn’t happy with the amount guaranteed. Now Jackson will have to play in 2022 without a long-term deal in place.
Not ideal for Ravens fans, as you really never know what can happen on any given week.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth