The Pittsburgh Steelers are in the playoffs, but a lot of thanks has to go to Raiders kicker Daniel Carlson.
When Steelers fans were watching the Raiders-Chargers game on Sunday night, the only thing that could have stopped their team from reaching the playoffs would be if the game ended in a tie (in which case both the Chargers and Raiders would be in).
As fate would have it, the game was stuck in a deadlock with less than a minute remaining in overtime. But luckily for all of Steelers nation, Daniel Carlson came to the rescue with a clutch kick to send both the Raiders and Steelers to the playoffs.
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) January 10, 2022
After the game, Steelers fans were sending money to Daniel Carlson’s charities. And the star kicker chimed in on social media to send his thanks.
“Steelers, please thank your fans who are generously donating to charities I’ve been involved with! I’ll add some links below for any others who would like to join in on the fun! PLAYOFFS!!!” Carlson tweeted on Monday afternoon.
— DC2.SOL (@DanielCarlson38) January 10, 2022
Daniel Carlson and the Raiders will now face the Bengals next weekend. And Pittsburgh will have the daunting task of going to Kansas City to face off against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.
The celebration will likely be over for both parties very soon…
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter