The Sixers have clearly proved they don’t need Ben Simmons to win. Rather than let the cloud of Ben Simmons hang over their head, they might be finally moving him.
Things had been relatively quiet for a few weeks as the NBA season began. Now things on the trade front are heating up.
A brand-new team has reportedly recently entered the Simmons trade conversation, according to The Athletic’s NBA insider Shams Charania, the Celtics have entered the fray.
“The Boston Celtics have engaged in conversations with the 76ers revolving around Simmons and expressed interest in the 6-foot-11 guard, sources tell The Athletic. Talks have been fluid with no traction as of yet, those sources say. Any potential Simmons deal with the Celtics would have to include All-Star forward Jaylen Brown, an ascending talent who is in the midst of another career season, averaging 25.6 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists.”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
The latest from @ShamsCharania's Inside Pass:
◻️ Celtics have expressed interest in Ben Simmons
◻️ There remains no imminent resolution regarding a Simmons trade
◻️ Optimism TJ Warren will be able to return in Dec./Jan.
◻️ … and much more ⤵️https://t.co/5Uvjcd2jCP
— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) November 8, 2021
Throughout the the Simmons drama, Charania has been on top of information coming from Simmons’ side and the Klutch agency.
So maybe there’s something to this.
The Sixers desperately need to wash their hands clean of the Ben Simmons drama.