Even goats need a day off.
The Buccaneers quarterback is getting a personal day every Wednesday during the 2022 season. Tom Brady will take every Wednesday off for the rest of the season for “a personal day,” according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. This is reportedly the first time in Tom’s 23-year career that he’ll receive a rest day every week during a season, per Rapoport. Despite the backlash online about, the seven-time Super Bowl champion is defending his decision to step away from football once per week.
“The fact that I’ve worked weekends for the last 23 years, I do deserve one day off a week so I think maybe, and I don’t know if it’s Wednesdays, but I get Tuesdays off,” Brady said on his Let’s Go podcast, per PEOPLE. “That’s probably good enough for me.”
Bucs head coach Todd Bowles made it clear that veteran rest is important.
“For most players, it’s important,” Bowles said, per NFL Network. “But I think when you play in the league a certain amount of time and you prepare a certain way, it’s not necessary to practice that guy all the time. You’re going to practice, but you’re not going to practice all the time. You’ll get a day off here and there because it is a long season.”
Tom isn’t going to miss a beat by taking a day off, and at his advanced age playing in the NFL, it can only be a benefit to the team.
Let Tom rest, he’s earned it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments