Big Ben ain’t about those boo birds.
Former Pittsburgh Steelers legend, Ben Roethlisberger, wants Pittsburgh Steelers fans to show more respect towards Steelers starting quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. In a recent episode of his podcast, Big Ben expressed his support for Trubisky while stating it was grossly unfair for fans to boo the quarterback in last Sunday’s 17-14 Steelers loss at home to the New England Patriots.
Via Mark Kaboly of The Athletic:
“I don’t think it is fair that it happened to Mitch (getting booed on Sunday) because I wouldn’t blame Mitch for the performance. I don’t think that he deserved the fans getting on him (Sunday). I hate it for Mitch because I don’t think it’s fair.”
Trubisky was 21-of-33 for 168 passing yards, a touchdown, and an interception in a 17-14 loss to the New England Patriots. Fans were heard chanting for rookie Kenny Pickett during the game. Mitchell responded to hearing the chants.
Big Ben is asking Steelers fans to “give the man a chance” before they decide he’s not the right fit. He e also urged his old team to take a less conservative approach on offense.
“Go down the field. Take some shots down the field,” Roethlisberger said. “Whether that’s the play-calling, whether that’s Mitchell not throwing if it was called, I don’t know. But I just kept sitting there like, ‘Come on. You’ve got to back a defense up.’ … Every once in a while, take one shot. We are missing the explosive plays right now.”
The Steelers will face the Browns on the road for Thursday night football.
That means at least a week off of Mitch hearing the Pickett chants.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills