Joe Burrow is one cool customer.
While many players talk about the electricity flowing in the biggest game in the world, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow wasn’t necessarily overwhelmed by the Super Bowl atmosphere. Speaking on “The Colin Cowherd Podcast,” Burrow said he was surprised by the atmosphere at SoFi Stadium last February.
“It felt like the dinner party, and we were the entertainment,” Burrow said of Super Bowl LVI, which his Bengals lost. “Because, I mean, you come off a road game in Kansas City, a road game in Tennessee, and then your first home win in the playoffs in 30-something years. And then you go to the Super Bowl, and it’s more corporate.
“It just took a second to get used to. It didn’t feel like a playoff football game. It was a weird feeling at the beginning for sure.”
Despite the enormous stage, Joe Burrow told Colin Cowherd that he didn’t experience nerves during the game, chalking it up to the film study and preparation in the weeks before. The Cincinnati Bengals signal caller completed 22 of 33 passes for 263 yards and a touchdown, but the Bengals lost to the Los Angeles Rams, 23-20.
Burrow said he was “happy” to see Matthew Stafford win a Super Bowl, calling the 34-year-old an underrated player in the league. However, he told Cowherd has since put the game out of his mind.
“Didn’t talk about it, didn’t think about it, tried to move on to this year,” the 25-year-old Burrow said.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind Joe Burrow will win a Super Bowl one day.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments