That ball is worth some money.
The fight for Aaron Judge’s 60th home run ball was absolutely wild, and we can only pray that there were no helpless children in the scrum. Following Judge launching his historic 60th homer to left field in the ninth inning of Tuesday night’s comeback win against the Pirates, tying Babe Ruth for the second-most in American League history in a single season, fans in the stands did whatever they had to in order to get their hands on history.
Video from the stands shows a large group of men doing a pile up in an attempt to acquire the historic ball from the bottom of the pile.
Watch the scrum below:
Fought through a dog pile to get Judge’s 60th HR only to give it back to the Yankees for “nothing in return” because “he’s done so much for the organization”
Last time we checked: Aaron Judge was 17 when the Yankees last won a World Series pic.twitter.com/Xl3uCAYX57
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) September 21, 2022
Eventually 20-year-old City College of New York student Mike Kessler ended up acquiring the prized possession.
“It bounced off someone’s hand. I reached and grabbed it and just bear-hugged it,” Kessler told The New York Post. “I just smothered it. It got off to the side. It was a mad pile.”
The ball could end up being worth anywhere from $50,000 to $500,000 as a collectible, according to Darren Rovell of The Action Network. Judge’s next two home run balls — the 61st to tie Roger Maris’ American League record and the 62nd to break it — stand to be worth even more.
Kessler ended up returning the ball to the Yankees in exchange for a meet-and-greet with Judge, four autographed baseballs and a signed bat.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments