Does Alex Rodriguez know something we don’t about Aaron Judge’s future plans?
Speaking on The Post’s “The Show” podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, A-Rod claimed that he felt there was about a 50-50 chance the Yankees are able to retain Judge following this season.
“This is a perfect storm,” Rodriguez said. “The most iconic player in our game today – that’s lacking big, unique, iconic players – and the most iconic franchise in the world in the New York Yankees. There’s a marriage made in heaven, but they both gambled, and I think that it’s gonna cost the New York Yankees a fortune. And I handicap it that there’s about a 50 percent chance that he comes back to the Yankees.”
— New York Post (@nypost) July 5, 2022
In Aaron Judge’s contract year, he has made the Yankees pay for not being able to lock him up with an extension over the offseason.
Playing like a clear MVP favorite, Judge currently is hitting .290 with a wild 29 home runs and 60 RBIs during the first half of the season.
During the offseason, Aaron Judge made it clear that he feels he should be paid among the highest of anyone in the game. And like Alex Rodriguez is hinting at, the Yankees are going to have to open up their check books in a big way to keep the slugger in The Bronx.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth