Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks made it clear that he was fed up following the season-ending series loss to the Celtics in the first round.
In his end-of-the-year presser, Marks threw some shade at both Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons for missing time during the season.
Nets GM Sean Marks Sounds Completely Fed Up With Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons Missing Gameshttps://t.co/gGTH7iz6Nb
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) May 12, 2022
In part of his comments, Sean Marks seemingly indicated that coach Steve Nash (and his assistants) weren’t great at the development part of the gig.
When speaking on Kevin Durant, Marks credited the forward with being the “best player development coach” they have on the team.
“I think Kevin Durant is our best player development coach,” Marks told reporters Wednesday.
"I think Kevin Durant is our best player development coach."-Sean Marks
— Alex Schiffer (@Alex__Schiffer) May 11, 2022
Now, this isn’t a direct shot at Steve Nash as much as it’s a compliment to Kevin Durant. But it is still a little crazy if Marks really believes KD is the best at developing players while they have nine coaches at their disposal.
Nonetheless, it appears that Marks is still salty about how the season went down, and he isn’t holding back on anyone.
Luckily for Kevin Durant, though, he’s still very much in the good graces of the Nets’ brass.
It’ll be interesting to see what Brooklyn does this offseason.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments