Ohio State head coach Ryan Day had a tall task for the National Championship. He had to go up against Nick Saban and an absolute juggernaut of an Alabama offense. Oh yeah, and his team had to endure some issues with COVID throughout the week.
Unsurprisingly, Alabama has dominated Ryan Day and Ohio State. Nonetheless, people on social media are not happy with the preparation done by the Ohio State coach.
Ryan Day is known for being aggressive, but:
1. Punt on 4th-and-9 in plus territory
2. Field goal from the opposing six
3. Running out the first half with plenty of time to get a score.
I disagree with all three of those decisions. This team is too talented to not go for it.
— Ari Wasserman (@AriWasserman) January 12, 2021
Ryan Day: “We have an opportunity to write one of the greatest stories in the history of college football.”pic.twitter.com/CVybZDCPbo
— Austin Pendergist (@apthirteen) January 12, 2021
Ryan Day really saw how this game was going and decided, "Yeah, I am going to kick a field goal from my opponent's 6-yard line." Once again, my new theory is there are no good coaches
— Alex Kirshner (@alex_kirshner) January 12, 2021
Ryan Day in the Ohio St locker room: pic.twitter.com/Lz3o4g4fDe
— FanDuel (@FanDuel) January 12, 2021
- Watch the Emotional Moment on Steelers Bench Following Playoff Loss
- Man Smashes His Own Television After Engaging Steelers Loss
- Superstar Third Baseman on the Trade Market?
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
- Von Miller’s Awful Texts Exposed by Ex
- What Did Deshaun Watson’s Agent Tweet That Got Deleted So Quickly?
- Jaylen Brown Exposes Embarrassing Video of Rookie Payton Pritchard
- Kyrie Irving “Just Didn’t Want to Play” in Latest Twist
Ryan Day was completely overmatched tonight by a team that was simply much more talented than his team was. You can’t really knock him for that. Maybe Day and the Ohio State coaching staff could have done a better job containing Devonta Smith, but I’m sure Alabama would have just found another one of their NFL-bound skill players to turn to.
While he’ll walk away disappointed tonight, Ryan Day shouldn’t hang his head. He’s done a great job with the Ohio State program since Urban Meyer left. Ohio State will likely be the class of the Big Ten for many years to come, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them back in the College Football Playoff as soon as next year.
For many reasons, this year just wasn’t “the year” for Ryan Day and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth