Kansas City Chiefs superstar QB Patrick Mahomes has a novel idea to help NFL officiating out, and to make sure the right call is always made. The Kansas City Chiefs QB would like so see microchips in footballs.
“I’ve always thought the chip in the ball has to happen sometime, where if you cross the line, it just tells you a touchdown,” Mahomes said on the WHOOP podcast.
Watch below (26:38 mark)
The Superbowl winning QB says the biggest issue for him is the the goal line plays.
“The biggest thing to me is when they get in the pile by the end zone, there is literally no way to tell if he’s in the end zone or not. It’s like you said, it’s just whatever they call. … I’m sure it’ll happen soon enough.”
The chip would definitely help with certain calls, but it wouldn’t be able to indicate when someone gets tackled, or if their knee was down. It would simply be for out of bounds plays, or if the ball crosses the endzone.
I’m all for technology to help refs make the right call.
As long as it doesn’t slow the game down, why not.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth