This week a GQ interview resurfaced one of the most popular celebrity stories in the world. In 2013 George Clooney was trying to think of a way to repay his friends for their years of help that led to his success as an actor. What did Clooney do to pay back his friends, you ask? Well, if you haven’t heard the story by now, here it is. According to the story, Clooney took out $14 million and handed it to 14 of his closest friends in Tumi bags.
LeBron James is one of the many who, thanks to GQ, is hearing the story for the first time. His response was both epic and right on point for someone as wealthy as King James.
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Ricky Rubio’s Unsurprising Reaction to Being Traded
- It Should Be No Surprise to See the Late Kobe Bryant on This Celebrity List
- Did Giannis Reveal Where He Might Be Planning to Take His Talents Next Offseason?
- Are Jimmy Butler and Selena Gomez a Thing Now?
- Are the Brewers Planning to Trade This All-Star?
“Let me build [Lobos Tequila] to [$1 billion] and my close friends may be getting the same,” LeBron James said on Twitter.
— LeBron James (@KingJames) November 18, 2020
And there you have it. Not only does LeBron James have buku bucks of his own, but he’s a marketing genius. If you are not familiar with the Tequila brand Lobos, it’s because it just made its debut. And, of course, it’s backed by none other than LeBron James.
LeBron James could already easily afford to give his best friends $1 million apiece, so this was a nice little promo for the new Lobos Tequila. Well done, LeBron.
Moral of the story: it pays off to be friends with rich people like LeBron James and George Clooney.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth