Jerry Jones is a glass half full kind of guy.
But what’s in the glass is the big question. The Dallas Cowboys beat the Cincinnati Bengals this past weekend with backup quarterback Cooper Rush’s first start to notch their first win of the season, but that hasn’t slowed down the talk about when full-time starter Dak Prescott will make his way back following a hand injury in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not rule out a quick return for Dak Prescott, suggesting that a Week 4 return against the Commanders was still possible.
“I don’t know that anybody knows [when he’ll be back],” Jones said, per ProFootballTalk. “But when he [gets enough strength in his hand], then you’ll probably see some real advancement in his timeline. I don’t know when that is. I do know that with a good airing out last week, everybody recognizes that he’ll be back sooner than later as far as the timeline. It really could be a minimum of two weeks up here in my mind [Washington in Week 4]. Now, that’s very optimistic. But he’s got the kind of repair there that will allow him not to have a lot of fear of re-injuring it. It’s just a question of the grip. But it’s a big question.”
With the Cowboys winning with their backup, you would think there would be no reason to rush Dak back on the field. Cooper Rush completed 19 of his 31 pass attempts for 235 yards and a touchdown with no turnovers in a 20-17 win, engineering a game-winning drive that culminated with a go-ahead field goal on the game’s final play.
Dallas will face the Giants on the road for Monday Night Football in Week 3, and if they win that game, I’m pretty sure they’ll pump the brakes on bringing Dak back any sooner than necessary.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments