Tom Brady is truly the GOAT of recruiting who he needs on his roster.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht says that Tom Brady plays a “huge” role in recruiting talent to Tampa Bay in free agency. Speaking about the advantage of having the seven-time Super Bowl champion on the team’s roster, Licht admitted that he often turns to Brady to help reel in players.
“Oh, it’s huge,” Licht said during a recent press conference. “I think any GM with an established veteran quarterback has an advantage, but when you have Tom Brady as the greatest, it’s even more of an advantage and I’m never going to apologize for using him to help me bring in players for this team.”
He added: “If I’m thinking about a player or we are as a staff, I’ll give him a call and see if he can help us out and he’s always willing to do it.”
“We’re usually on the same page with that,” Licht said. “We didn’t have to kick too many weeds to find out about Julio Jones. We’ve known about him a while, and Kyle Rudolph was the best tight end that was available. But, we’re usually on the same page. We have a lot of communication – so does Todd [Bowles] and Tom [Brady] and myself. We talk a lot about players.”
The Bucs have brought in a pair of veteran stars in Kyle Rudolph and Julio Jones.
If Tom wants them, Tom gets them.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills