The game of chicken between the Browns and Baker Mayfield is heating up.
The Cleveland Browns are reportedly ready to eat a significant portion of Baker Mayfield’s 2022 salary in order to trade him. Mayfield is owed just under $19 million for the 2022 season, and how much of his salary Cleveland is willing to pay has been a huge point of contention when it comes to potential trades.
Well, it sounds like the Browns are ready to finally eat a chunk of his salary. Albert Breer reported that the franchise is ready to pay roughly half of Mayfield’s salary just to get rid of him.
— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) June 17, 2022
The Panthers are the team Baker is most likely to be traded to. You have to imagine someone is going to pull the trigger on acquiring the former first overall pick as long as the Browns will eat a majority of his salary.
Is Baker a game changing QB? Probably not, but he was good enough to win a playoff game in Cleveland, that’s gotta be worth something.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth