The NBA is cracking down on player protocols as they continue on their season out of the bubble. Some players are not necessarily happy with all the new rules, and one player is voicing his opinion. Oklahoma City Thunder guard George Hill is calling out the new protocols for not making any sense.
- Watch the Emotional Moment on Steelers Bench Following Playoff Loss
- Man Smashes His Own Television After Engaging Steelers Loss
- Superstar Third Baseman on the Trade Market?
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
- Von Miller’s Awful Texts Exposed by Ex
- What Did Deshaun Watson’s Agent Tweet That Got Deleted So Quickly?
- Jaylen Brown Exposes Embarrassing Video of Rookie Payton Pritchard
- Kyrie Irving “Just Didn’t Want to Play” in Latest Twist
We wanna play the game…but I don’t understand some of the rules. We can sweat 48 minutes with a guy next to us for 48 minutes, but we can’t talk to them afterwards. It makes no sense…I’m a grown man,” Hill explained, according to ESPN.
I’m gonna do what I want to do. If I want to go see my family, I’m going to go see my family. They can’t tell me I have to stay in a room 24/7. If it’s that serious, then maybe we shouldn’t be playing. But it’s life; no one’s going to be able to just cancel their whole life for this game.”
George Hill expressed frustration with the NBA's stricter health and safety protocols.
More: https://t.co/0xeUJRt6Tc pic.twitter.com/pBSZAiImgI
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) January 13, 2021
Twitter reacted to his take:
I get it… but just wear a mask and tell your people not to take pictures. That's regular shit. Stop crying https://t.co/kYaS9YsjJJ
— Diehardknickspodcast (@DiehardknicksPC) January 13, 2021
I'm with George Hill on this one. #Covid_19 has destroyed personal life for everyone, & if you think about the NBA isn't really an "ESSENTIAL" job. https://t.co/yr8o18S9yz
— John Richardson ♑ (@Solomon33John) January 13, 2021
NBA players wayyyy too entitled these days…. literally no one cares if you play George https://t.co/DGZQ1TZCZZ
— [email protected] Atkin$ (@Atkins_ENT) January 13, 2021
Shit. Since you're a "grown" man, be a good fucking model for the people and show them what's right and how to stop the spread of the disease. First step is following the protocols and rules! Some fucking people just don't care about others well-being. Smh https://t.co/T9OTRZOJ6m
— Hey Yo!🤘p5zitro 🇵🇭🇺🇲 (@aceeeortizzz) January 13, 2021
Then opt out. No ones forcing you to play either https://t.co/fHNEtRUYy2
— 🅿️asquale Tarantino (@AidenchDick) January 13, 2021
And this is exactly y COVID won’t go Away your ass just retire https://t.co/ETJuQSRTbE
— LOTTYB (@lo2Tyb) January 13, 2021
Then sit out the season if you don’t like the protocol. No one is forcing you to play! FOH https://t.co/418wDseHic
— soi chin gon❗️ (@_alvarito) January 13, 2021
“If it’s that serious…”
380K+ deaths in US, pretty sure it’s serious 🤦🏻♀️ https://t.co/HshVYpNR8I
— Monica Marie Vasquez (@MonicaMarie13) January 13, 2021
aw boo hoo, then opt out and sit your ass at home. sick of the whiney ass millionaires getting paid to play a damn game thinking they got it soooo rough https://t.co/lQbLqb1Khq
— dabria (@anxiousbruin) January 13, 2021
For the amount of money NBA players are getting paid, it’s not too much to ask to follow the rules so the season can continue on. Some of these guys are just too selfish to see the big picture. If someone told me I could play in the NBA, but I wouldn’t be allowed to leave my house other than to play in games, I’d sign up in a heartbeat.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth