The Ivy League has made their decision. They will be trying to get out in front of the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to do so, they will be cancelling all of their Winter sports. This was according to Jon Rothstein.
Sources: The Ivy League has cancelled winter sports.
— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) November 12, 2020
- Jack Nicklaus Wants to Keep Politics Out of Golf After His Guy Lost
- More SEC Postponments on the Way This Weekend
- Mark Cuban and John Legend Get into it Politically on Twitter
- Victor Oladipo’s Twin Sister Has Issues with Myles Turner
- Is Jimmy Garoppolo Already on His Way Out of San Francisco
This means that there will be no college basketball for the Ivy League. It will be interesting to see if they stick by this decision for the foreseeable future. We will also see if there is any plan of rescheduling these sports in the coming days.
As for what this means for the student-athletes, it sucks. You have to feel for these kids that have worked their asses off all their lives only to have a full season taken away from them. Hopefully they will be able to play their sport when it’s safe to do so.
Although the Ivy League was the first to cancel their slate of scheduled sports in the Fall, there is no word yet if other conferences will follow in the Ivy League’s footsteps. For now, it seems like the answer to that question is no. Other conferences seem to be sticking with their original plan.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth