The Packers got Aaron Rodgers back, but now who is going to throw the ball to?
The Green Bay Packers once again franchised tagged their superstar wide receiver Davante Adams. The tag will pay him just over $20 million in 2022, which is probably less than he’d get with a brand new deal. Of course they figured he would play if they tagged him.
Now it appears that assumption wasn’t the correct one. According to Ian Rapoport, Davante Adams has informed the Green Bay Packers that he will not be playing on the franchise tag.
From @GMFB: #Packers star WR Davante Adams has informed the team he won’t play on the franchise tag, and the sides remain far apart on a long-term deal, per sources. It’s all coming to a head. Something has to give. pic.twitter.com/Df0zpvhglM
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2022
Adams knows what to do because Aaron Rodgers has showed him the way.
Who knows where this is going to go, but it will probably end with the Packers caving in to his demands. They have a track record of doing so.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth