The drama for Meek Mill never seems to stop. His latest bit of controversy involves lyrics he recently used in a verse in a new song. The insensitive lyric mentioned Kobe Bryant and his tragic helicopter crash.
The internet quickly came down on Meek for his insensitive comments.
Meek Mill Responds to Backlash After Referencing Kobe Bryant’s Helicopter Crash in New Song https://t.co/1stbh7s3a5
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 18, 2021
Kobe’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, called out Meek for the lyrics.
Vanessa Bryant Lashes Out At Meek Mill Over Kobe Crash Song Lyricshttps://t.co/t59AjOovOK
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 23, 2021
Now Meek has responded, claiming he’s already spoken to Vanessa about the controversial lyrics, and has asked us to change the subject so a grieving Vanessa can move on.
I apologized to her in private earlier today not to the public…Nothing I say on my page directed to a internet viral moment or the family of a grieving woman! If you care about someone grieving change the subject!
— MeekMill.nft (@MeekMill) February 23, 2021
Meek Mill definitely regrets adding that lyric.
I’m pretty sure everyone is in agreement it was way too soon.
Kobe deserves to be honored in rap songs, but just don’t mention the helicopter, that’s not cool.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth