NBA free agency is always a dramatic time in the NBA. This year’s free agency period has been especially interesting for the championship Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers recently made the addition of the sixth man of the year, Montrezl Harrell. While the move seems exciting for the Lakers, NBA players and fans aren’t too happy about it. Portland Trailblazers guard CJ McCollum feels that Montrezl Harrell made a weak decision to move from the LA Clippers to the LA Lakers, deeming it a f*ck you move.
What Did You Miss on Sideaction This Week?
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson to Televise Tying the Knot
- Logan Paul and Josie Canseco Call it Quits
- Nick Saban Tests Positive for COVID-19… Again.
- LaMelo Ball Knows Who Would Win if His Dad Lavar Played His New Boss Michael Jordan
- Is Anthony Davis Waiting on Giannis Before Making His Own Free Agency Decision?
- What Did Zeke Have to Say About Life With the Dallas Cowboys Organization?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- Roy Keane Pays Surprise Charity Visit
See more of CJ McCollum’s statement below.
“That was a f*** you move. Just because Trez is the Sixth-Man of the Year you know what I mean. No disrespect to some of the other players that have gotten eight to 10 million recently…um…he’s taken nine and half million he’s the six man a year averaging what 19 and eight? He takes less money to go to a state with higher taxes to play against his old team more often when they’re playing in the same arena. He’s also having a chance to compete for a championship…he’s also with Klutch so there’s a lot of stuff that goes into that and I’ll never count another man’s money.”
I’m not sure if CJ McCollum has a valid point here, but players will say what they want to say. I mean, who wouldn’t want to take a chance to join LeBron James and Anthony Davis fresh off of an NBA Championship? I’m sure CJ McCollum would do what Montrezl Harrell did if given the opportunity.
To me, there is a different storyline here. CJ McCollum is looking at the championship Los Angeles Lakers making an addition of a star player and realizing things are going to get tougher for him and the Portland Trailblazers in the West. If that’s what CJ McCollum believes at the end of the day then, ultimately, he is right. However, that doesn’t mean it’s right to blame another player for making a move that is in their best interest.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth