Arguably the best to ever do it, Barry Sanders is back in the news. A Detroit brewery has been forced to stop production on a new Barry Sanders themed beer. The stoppage happened only one day after they rolled it out, after Barry threatened the brewery with legal action.
- LaMelo Ball Knows Who Would Win if His Dad Lavar Played His New Boss Michael Jordan
- Is Anthony Davis Waiting on Giannis Before Making His Own Free Agency Decision?
- What Did Zeke Have to Say About Life With the Dallas Cowboys Organization?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- LeBron’s Epic Response to Resurfaced George Clooney Rumor
- NBA Players In Unprecedented Meeting With the Pope on Social Issues
The Hall of Fame running back tweeted out a picture of the can Monday, and said he has zero affiliation with the brewery, even apologizing to his fans who felt duped.
Some of you may have seen this in the @freep today – I have no affiliation with this company, and they are using my image without any permission. My legal team is working through the process to shut this down ASAP. Apologies to any fans that were duped. pic.twitter.com/STCnX2fuGS
— Barry Sanders (@BarrySanders) November 23, 2020
“Light, crisp, and always leaves you wanting more,” the description read, via the Detroit Free Press. “Just keep telling yourself, ‘the Next Beer, will be The Beer.’ ”
Unfortunately, Barry’s not about letting others use his likeness to make money.
Barry ran for over 15,000 rushing yards, had 99 touchdowns in his 10 seasons in Detroit. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2004.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth