No more Insurance commercials for Baker Mayfield.
According to the Sports Business Journal, Baker Mayfield said during his introductory press conference in Carolina that his arrangement with Progressive Insurance has ended. The commercials operated from the premise that Mayfield and his wife actually live in the team’s home stadium.
You’ve probably seen them dozens of times, especially during football season.
Baker Mayfield speaks to the media https://t.co/L4K9YC0rHh
— Carolina Panthers (@Panthers) July 12, 2022
Mayfield pitched a moving out installment for the series, and called it a “missed opportunity.”
Baker says there will NOT be a new commercial with Progressive showing him move into a new stadium. He called it a “missed opportunity”.
— Schuyler Callihan (@Callihan_) July 12, 2022
The multiyear campaign depicted Mayfield “hanging out in FirstEnergy Stadium as if it’s his home and doing normal chores on a little bit of a bigger scale”
Definitely hampered him more than helped his image.
But hey, he got paid handsomely for it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth