Russell not about that.
With the start of training camp right around the corner, it’s starting to seem more and more likely that Russell Westbrook will begin the new NBA season as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers. Another possibility being floated around is the Los Angeles Lakers buying out his contract, something that many fans would like to see. But the big question is whether or not Westbrook would accept it.
According to NBA reporter Ramona Shelburne, Russell is not going to allow that to happen.
“‘Russell Westbrook is not a buyout guy,’ she said during a recent podcast appearance. ‘You have to agree to a buyout, and that’s not how he is wired. This is a guy who is very proud, and if you accept a buyout once in your career, you’re seen differently throughout the rest of your career.’
Shelburne continued to explain why Westbrook wouldn’t accept a buyout.
“‘Russ is Russ because of his swagger and the way he bleeds with it, the way he plays with it,’ she said. ‘You can’t retreat from that. You can’t let go of that because that’s what made Russ, Russ — it’s his swagger. If he accepts that, then he’s no longer Russell Westbrook.’”
In all likelihood the Los Angeles Lakers will have to make another attempt to make Westbrook gel with the team. His reported unwillingness to consider a buyout just makes it harder on the Lakers to find a suitable trade partner.
There is a lot of uncertainty still as it pertains to Westbrook’s status with the Lakers but people need to just accept he’s in L.A. to stay and play.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments