Russell Westbrook has a brand new jumpshot?
Los Angeles Lakers star Russell Westbrook may be doing whatever he can to lose the nickname Russell Westbrick. Video of the Los Angeles Lakers guard went viral where it showed him in the gym showing off what appeared to be a different jump-shooting form. Based off the vivdeo, Westbrook’s form looks a lot more compact, and he has a lot less movement overall. The video was originally posted to TikTok by his trainer Chris Brickley.
See Russell new jumper below:
Russ got a new jumpshot?? pic.twitter.com/rK1tL3nHIq
— HoodieBev (@HoodieBev) September 15, 2022
For comparison you can see a lowlight reel from Westbrook’s form on some of his worst shots of the season. You can tell that his release point was well above his head.
You can’t blame Russ for trying to change things up, considering last year’s season was a complete dumpster fire for him. He went from being a Triple Double hero to being the butt of the joke. . While the former MVP has always been a below-average three-point shooter, his shot looked absolutely broken last season. But last year with the Lakers it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. He shot 44.4 percent overall, which isn’t horrific, in fact it’s in line with a lot of top flight shooters.
Westbrook will most likely play out next season on the Lakers roster, but the Utah Jazz reportedly want him now.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments