The Yankees are going to be kicking themselves that they couldn’t get an extension done with Aaron Judge last offseason.
While he’s tearing it up in the first half of the season on the first place Yankees, Judge was able to reach an arbitration settlement with the team for this season.
Still, he’s not convinced that it’ll lead to anything beyond this one season.
“No,” Judge replied when asked if avoiding arbitration gives him more confidence that a long-term deal can get done. “We got this one done and I was happy about that.”
Aaron Judge is asked if avoiding arbitration gives him more confidence that a big deal could get done with the Yankees this offseason:
"No. We got this one done and I was happy about that" pic.twitter.com/HSmfxn43kp
— Yankees Videos (@snyyankees) June 25, 2022
In his contract year, Aaron Judge is playing like a bonafide MVP.
So far, the slugger is hitting .299 to go along with a whopping 27 home runs and 53 RBIs.
Even after Brian Cashman and the Yankees were ridiculed for their uncharacteristically-inactive offseason, the team has come out with a vengeance this season.
Not only are the Yankees the best team in the AL East. But at 52-19, they could be on the verge of something very historic in the Bronx.
Still, the Yankees are going to have to write a massive pay check if they want to keep Aaron Judge around for the foreseeable future.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth