For some it’s not all about the money.
What an offseason it’s been, with plenty of breaking news, and plenty of blindside trades. I mean who saw this one coming?
Possibly the biggest surprise off this offseason came last night when the Las Vegas Raiders acquired Davante Adams in a trade with the Green Bay Packers. The superstar receiver is reportedly receiving a new five-year deal that’s worth $141.25 million.
According to Adams’ agents, he actually turned down more money from the Packers. Apparently it wasn’t about the money, more about the opportunity to play for his favorite team.
Final thought (for now) on the Davante Adams trade: His agents Frank Bauer and Kenny Chapman confirm that the #Packers offered more money than the contract he’ll sign in Las Vegas.
Simply, it was his lifelong dream to be with the #Raiders.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 18, 2022
Also Adams is supposedly close to Derek Carr, which made his decision to take less money a little easier.
That tells you all you need to know about Davante Adams and Aaron Rodgers relationship.
I guess Adams wasn’t such a fan of Aaron Rodgers…He’ll definitely miss him when he realizes just how easy playing with Rodgers is compared to Derek Carr.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth