Michele Roberts, executive-director of the National Basketball Players Association called out 76ers president Daryl Morey for his handling of the Ben Simmons situation.
Roberts reiterated her disgust with what’s going down in Philadelphia in regards to trading Ben Simmons, and seemingly implied the 76ers didn’t keep a promise to trade Ben Simmons.
Roberts on SiriusXM NBA Radio, via Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer:
“Look, none of us is privy to every detail,” Roberts said. “… This is not an issue that emerged at the start of the season. There has been an issue with this player and that team for a while. Rumor has it promises were made about being able to move the player and obviously those promises either weren’t kept or couldn’t be kept. Who knows?
NBA players union boss blames the Sixers in the Ben Simmons impasse https://t.co/kWcMwsvcMu
— Philadelphia Inquirer Sports (@phillysport) January 6, 2022
Sixers President Daryl Morey has said he’ll keep Simmons through the guard’s entire four-year contract if necessary.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Girl On TikTok Accuses Bears LB Roquan Smith Of Sexual Assault
- ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Malika Andrews Trending After It’s Been Revealed They’re a Couple
- Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Being Accused of Getting Lip Enhancements, Injections
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
Simmons continues to say he’ll sit out until he’s moved.
This is an old fashioned stalemate.
I’d lay blame on both parties, this whole thing has spun out of control.
Hopefully it will be over one day, but not counting on it anytime soon.