The Mets made their signing of catcher James McCann official today, will George Springer be next? According to MLB Network’s Jon Heyman, the superstar center fielder could be at the top of the Mets wish list.
While McCann got a great deal, since they didn’t spend much bigger for Realmuto this bodes well for the Mets to continue their pursuit of star CF George Springer. They’ve also talked to Trevor Bauer, but they are seen as a favorite for Springer.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 12, 2020
When Steve Cohen purchased the Mets, he vowed he was going to use his money to bring a championship-caliber team to Queens. If their offseason is any indication, the New York Mets are going for it right now.
Mets fans might be disappointed that the team went with McCann over making a run at JT Realmuto, but they shouldn’t be. James McCann is a great two-way player, and spending less on catcher means the Mets can spend more on other holes in their roster.
Get in Some Sideaction:
- Nate Knockout Racist? Hosts Only Kidding? Watch Jemele Hill and Cari Champion Question Jake Paul for Yourself
- Dez Bryant COVID-19 Testing Dispute: Receiver Claims Multiple Negative Tests
- Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats Rips Coach K for Wanting Postponment for COVID-19
- Is Marshawn Lynch Coming Out of Retirement Again?
- LeBron James Ponders Pee Wee Football Coach Punching Player
- James Harden’s Mom Says Superstar Wants Out of Houston
- Derby Defeat Gets Dirty as Bellerin Defensive Display Derided by Adams
- Carmelo Anthony Brings Back the Braids; Big Year Inbound?
- What Missed Cut? Brooks Koepka Fed Grapes on Beach
Enter George Springer, who could fill the Mets void in center field better than anybody on the market. Springer is the type of guy that can hit anywhere in your lineup, and produce. Sure, he might bring in some negative press after the whole sign-stealing scandal, but he’d also turn the Mets into a real threat in the National League. If I’m a Mets fan, I’m all-in on the pursuit of George Springer.
I could also get used to watching Pete Alonso and George Springer murdering baseballs for many years to come. Make it happen, Mets.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth