Some big stuff happening down in Florida. The Miami Marlins are hiring Kim Ng as their new general manager, making her Major League Baseball’s first female and first Asian American GM, the team announced Friday.
Ng has most recently served as MLB’s senior vice president of baseball operations for the past nine years. She has also served as assistant general manager for the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Jack Nicklaus Wants to Keep Politics Out of Golf After His Guy Lost
- More SEC Postponments on the Way This Weekend
- Mark Cuban and John Legend Get into it Politically on Twitter
- Victor Oladipo’s Twin Sister Has Issues with Myles Turner
- Is Jimmy Garoppolo Already on His Way Out of San Francisco
— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) November 13, 2020
The 51-year-old Ng is believed to be the first female GM in any of the four major North American sports leagues.
Ng has been involved in Major League Baseball since 1990 and has acted as the senior vice president of baseball operations for the MLB commissioner’s office since 2011.
Solid move by the Marlins, truly groundbreaking.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth