With so much chaos going on in the world, there’s still plenty of people out there who like to sweat the small stuff. It’s cancel culture season, and the latest upheaval seems to focus on those who like to show Patrick Mahomes support by rocking a wig. The Kansas City Star doesn’t think it’s cute at a ll, and in an op-ed piece, they explain:
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Via KC Star:
A full-grown white man wearing an Afro wig is never a good idea. In fact, it’s totally unacceptable. So why would a teacher at Shawnee Mission East High School don one for a Chiefs spirit day?
A photo of the smiling educator dressed in a Patrick Mahomes No. 15 jersey and Afro with a headband is appalling. It was posted on the student council’s Instagram account Feb. 2 before being removed. But screenshots are forever, and one ended up in my inbox.
“Jersey Tuesday was a success with these East faculty members,” the caption on the hideous snapshot read.
Some argue that the Chiefs and their all-world quarterback Mahomes signed off an official line of headbands with curly-haired wigs attached. The replica hairpieces were for sale at some grocery stores, and knockoffs are readily available for purchase online.
But that argument doesn’t hold weight for me. The headband-wig combo was a bad idea from the start. One look at the distasteful photo and it’s easy to see why students at Shawnee Mission East were offended.
Cultural appropriation and racial insensitivity are real issues in a predominately white but diversifying school district such as Shawnee Mission, where the minority student population was nearly 38% at the start of the school year.
If Patrick Mahomes isn’t offended, then no one should be.
It’s not about anything else other than showing him support.
Some people look for things to be pissesd about.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth