Another offseason arrest.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Travis Jonsen was arrested in Tampa Bay early over the holiday weekend and charged with DUI.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, Tampa Bay police officers spotted Jonsen “straddling lane markers, speeding and weaving,” and driving in a manner that was “indicative of impairment.” Officers stopped him at 1505 N Dale Mabry Highway. In their report, they said that Jonsen appeared to be impaired, and he was arrested at 3:18 am.
Travis Jonsen, an undrafted free agent from Montana State, spent parts of the past two seasons on the Bucs’ practice squad, earning a Super Bowl 55 ring in 2020. https://t.co/5uAbOOj9dZ
— Sports by Tampa Bay Times (@TBTimes_Sports) May 30, 2022
Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht released a statement about Jonsen’s arrest on Monday, shortly after Jonsen was released.
“We expect all members of our organization to uphold the high standards that have been established,” Licht said via Greg Auman. “We are aware of the situation regarding Travis Jonsen from earlier this morning and will refrain from further comment at this time while the legal process continues.”
Statement from Bucs GM Jason Licht on Travis Jonsen’s arrest on a misdemeanor DUI charge this morning: pic.twitter.com/2E0FoORfCX
— Greg Auman (@gregauman) May 30, 2022
Jonsen has been a practice squad player for the Bucs for the last two years.
He has never appeared in an NFL game, and this arrest is not going to help.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments