KD and Kyrie no longer buddies?
Kevin Durant has publicly supported friend and teammate Kyrie Irving then requested a trade from the Nets, reportedly because he disliked the way Kyrie was being treated by the NBA franchise.
But what if Durant had the complete opposite reason for requesting a trade?
Dave McMenamin of ESPN:
“There’s a school of thought, speaking to people around the league, that they think that the Durant trade request wasn’t actually about him getting out of Brooklyn. It was about getting Kyrie out of Brooklyn.”
Lowe Post podcast: @mcten on the Lakers situation, Russell Westbrook trade rumors, LeBron's future, more; then @Herring_NBA and I on the (offseason) silence of the Chicago Bulls — and where they go from here:
— Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) July 18, 2022
Durant signed a four-year contract extension with the Nets when Irving wouldn’t sign his own extension. Durant then requested a trade after Irving opted in to return to the Nets.
That’s all pretty telling.
Maybe this is why KD wants out.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth