Would the Angels really trade Shohei Ohtani prior to the MLB Trade Deadline?
It would seem unfathomable, but prior to the deadline, MLB insider Jon Morosi reported today that teams are starting to check in about a potential Ohtani trade.
“Sources: @MLBteams are calling #Angels to express trade interest in Shohei Ohtani, but the Angels are indicating they have no plans to move the superstar before the Aug. 2 Trade Deadline,” Morosi tweeted.
Sources: @MLB teams are calling #Angels to express trade interest in Shohei Ohtani, but the Angels are indicating they have no plans to move the superstar before the Aug. 2 Trade Deadline. @MLBNetwork @MLBNetworkRadio
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 23, 2022
It would obviously take an absolute haul for the Angels to even answer the phone when talking about a Shohei Ohtani trade, but perhaps they’ll reconsider closer to the deadline in a little over a week.
Ohtani is likely the most valuable player in the entire MLB, but it seems like his talents have been wasted playing with an Angels organization that has failed to get over the hump time and time again.
As it stands, the Angels find themselves at a disappointing 39-54 on the season, seemingly out of any potential playoff race.
It would be great for the game of baseball if Shohei Ohtani could find his way into a big market contending team. But for now, that feels like a pipe dream.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth