Zaire Wade, the son of Dwyane Wade, has reportedly signed a G League contract and is expected to play for the Salt Lake City Stars, the affiliate of the Utah Jazz.
Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium reported the deal.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 12, 2021
Dwyane Wade is a part-owner of the Jazz.
Zaire Wade played high school basketball at Sierra Canyon in California and was a 3-star recruit, according to 247 Sports rankings. The combo guard had scholarship offers from Rhode Island, Toledo and South Carolina but is taking the pro route.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
While Zaire would seemingly have few pro prospects based on his high school career, the same was said about his father before he attended Marquette and blossomed into a superstar. It’s possible the new environment will allow Zaire to thrive and eventually reach his NBA dreams.
Dwyane Wade bought into the Jazz as a part-owner in April and was a fixture at Jazz games late in the 2020-21 campaign.
Of course nepotism is being brought up. Zaire will need to prove himself if he doesn’t want to hear that for the rest of his life.