Pat Fitzgerald is the talk of Chicago. Nobody expected the Northwestern Wildcats to do much this year, and Fitzgerald’s bunch has proved us all wrong. Halfway across the country, New York Jets head coach is going to be an open position on the job market, as the team is floundering winless at 0-10.
Fitzgerald’s Wildcats are in the drivers seat in the Big Ten West, the team ranks at eighth in the country as of earlier today.
According to uSTADIUM, Pat Fitzgerald is being looked at by the New York Jets to fill their head coaching position in 2021. Here was their report.
“A source told us they have been doing their due diligence on Northwestern’s HC Pat Fitzgerald and not to be surprised if he isn’t their #1 target in January. The Carolina Panthers reached out to Fitzgerald about their vacancy before hiring Baylor’s Matt Rhule last year. Fitzgerald opted not to formally interview for the position. Fitzgerald has been highly regarded in NFL circles for years and teams have routinely expressed interest in hiring him. In 2019 the Green Bay Packers also sought out Fitzgerald for an interview, in which he declined. It’s unsure if Fitzgerald is ready to make the jump to the pro’s but that certainly won’t stop the Jets and other teams from trying. The Chicago Bears have long been linked to Fitzgerald,” The article stated.
- LaMelo Ball Knows Who Would Win if His Dad Lavar Played His New Boss Michael Jordan
- Is Anthony Davis Waiting on Giannis Before Making His Own Free Agency Decision?
- What Did Zeke Have to Say About Life With the Dallas Cowboys Organization?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- LeBron’s Epic Response to Resurfaced George Clooney Rumor
- NBA Players In Unprecedented Meeting With the Pope on Social Issues
Pat Fitzgerald’s name has come up in the past when NFL teams have searched for a new head coach. Since taking the Northwestern job in 2006, Fitzgerald has taken the school from the cellar of the Big Ten and turned them into a respectable program.
New York Jets fans might think Fitzgerald would be a peculiar hire, but I think he could be a great fit. The guy knows how to build a culture in a locker room. Still, Fitzgerald has offered no clarity on his interest in an NFL coaching position. He seems pretty content at Northwestern. For now.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth