Beckham to the Seahawks?
With Beckham officially placed on waivers Monday, all 32 teams can put in a claim for the former Pro Bowl wide receiver before the 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline. If Beckham goes unclaimed, he can then sign with any team. So, are the Seahawks hinting he won’t hit free agency?
Pete Carroll has shown some interest in teaming Beckham with Russell Wilson.
“We’ll see how this all goes,” Carroll said Monday. “As you would think, we’re aware of what’s going on and we’ve been involved to understand to know what’s happening. We’ll let you know as it all happens.
“So I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. You’ll see.”
Pete Carroll is asked whether Seattle will claim Odell Beckham, Jr. He does not rule it out, ending his answer with this and a smile: “So, I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. That’s just cause…you’ll see.”
Seattle does have the cap space to take on the $7.25M owed to OBJ. pic.twitter.com/sNfq4wbkVq
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 9, 2021
Russell Wilson is also rumored to want Beckham on the team.
Russell Wilson Wants Seattle To Make A Run At Odell Beckham Jr.https://t.co/zcgJuuXvVj
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) November 8, 2021
The Seahawks do have enough cap space to absorb Beckham’s contract, having the fourth-most available cap space in the league at $13.3 million.
Beckham Waiver watch is on!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments