Joel Embiid had words of praise regarding his new teammate, James Harden , who will be making his 76ers debut this Friday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The big man says the stories of Harden aren’t accurate.
“It’s funny, you see all the stories they say about Harden, and then you’re with him and you realize it’s not true,” Embiid told ESPN’s Tim Bontemps. “He’s completely different than what you see out there. He’s a great person, a great personality, he’s always smiling, he’s fun to be around every day.”
Embiid talked about the expectations now that Harden is in Philly.
“It sets expectations even higher than they were before, puts a lot of pressure on everybody, so I’m excited,” Embiid added. “I’m excited for everybody to play at another level, especially me, so I think it’s going to be fun.”
James Harden’s reputation has been the subject of discussion in recent years, following his departure from the Rockets and later the Nets.
But now the 76ers hope that he, together with Embiid, will manage to form a fearsome duo that will put Philadelphia to fight.
The two are getting to know each other by playing a little one on one.
.@JoelEmbiid steals Harden’s signature move 😅
— NBA TV (@NBATV) February 25, 2022
That’s one way to become fast friends.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth