ESPN has been trying some things during their MLB broadcasts to help make baseball more watchable for the average fan. Among them was to mic up star players and interview them during the games.
This is something I’m all for, and it has produced some nice sound bites (at times). But you might not want to make a player talk during a win or go home playoff game. They did just that with Ramon Laureano, and well, it went just about as poorly as expected.
Ramon Laureano on a hot mic on Disney ESPN airwaves *NSFW* pic.twitter.com/3im9qsEC5Q
— 🐻 Gray (@GrayHendrix) October 1, 2020
- Jimmy Garoppolo Has His Eye on Fashion Model Madison Tate
- Scottie Pippen Tears Into NBA ‘Pickup Basketball’ in the Bubble
- Raiders Players Spotted Maskless at Las Vegas Event
After Eloy Jimenez rips a double into the gap, Laureano gets caught on the mic saying “he can f***ing run” in disgust. The rest of the interview was filled with filler bullshit as Ramon Laureano’s mind was clearly elsewhere.
Ramon Laureano got mic’d up and it look all of 30 seconds to drop an F-bomb. But the best part might be the ensuing awkwardness. pic.twitter.com/ML177XNKJa
— Nick Francona (@NickFrancona) October 1, 2020
Twitter had a field day with ESPN’s decision to conduct a player interview in the middle of a playoff game.
I understand having players mic’d up during spring training games, but having Ramon Laureano mic’d up while playing centerfield in a postseason game isn’t right. Let him play.
— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) October 1, 2020
Poor Ramon Laureano this inning pic.twitter.com/VjT46IW37B
— Carmichael Davion (@CarmichaelDave) October 1, 2020
Props to Ramon Laureano for not completely losing his shit while being down in an elimination game, and having to deal with all of that. Once again, ESPN falls flat on their face when trying to do something new.
If ESPN really wanted to impress their viewer they could go about it other ways. Like I don’t know, maybe giving us announcers that don’t make me want to throw a brick through my TV (looking at you A-Rod). Hopefully this will be the last time a player will be forced to put on mic during these playoffs. Just let us watch the game.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth