The NBA is all set to tip off for another season.
As Los Angeles Lakers big man Anthony Davis prepares for another run at a Championship, he’s ignoring the critics, specifically he’ll be ignoring Hall of Famer Charles Barkley. Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times looked at Davis’ comeback from two seasons of injuries and noted Barkley’s nickname for Davis.
“Yeah, I called him, ‘Street Clothes,’” Barkley told the Los Angeles Times. “I mean, I don’t know if he’s ever played 82 games. I mean, he’s been hurt more than he has played.”
Even though Davis was apparently annoyed by the shot from Barkley, he indicated that he’s focused on simply getting out on the court and doing his job.
Via L.A. Times:
“I don’t care what he says,” Davis said. “People say stuff for ratings. Like, they got to push their show, push their blog, push their podcast, whatever it is. So, people got to say something to bring in viewers. It is what it is. I go out there and play basketball and let them do their job. My job is to hoop. Their job is to talk about me.”
Davis played in just 35 games last year. His high-water mark in that category is 75 games during both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
That effort came during Davis’ seven-year stint as a member of the New Orleans Pelicans. He was acquired by the Lakers in 2019.
Let’s see if AD can stay healthy for a full season. I’m not counting on it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth