The Arizona Coyotes selected defenseman Maveric Lamoreaux.
Following the announcement, ESPN’s broadcast shared a moment that everyone buzzing, including ESPN’s announcing crew, as they had quite the over-the-top reaction to Lamoreaux’s parents giving each other a big kiss in celebration of their son becoming an NHL first-rounder.
Maveric Lamoureux's parents exchange tongues and the ESPN crew is loving it pic.twitter.com/qARJpArM1J
— CJ Fogler AKA Perc70 #BlackLivesMatter (@cjzero) July 8, 2022
Maveric Lamoureux's parents FUCK pic.twitter.com/H9ZV49bMHE
— Kyle (@KyleWooderboys) July 8, 2022
Maveric’s father sounded extremely emotional afterwards.
“It’s been a long run. We’ve been thinking about this day, Maveric has been a hell of a kid.”
The moment every parent can be proud of. Congrats to the Lamoureux family! pic.twitter.com/S075Xkxeid
— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) July 8, 2022
“Get some,” one broadcaster said, while others laughed.
“Hey, we’re in Quebec, get after it.”
The 6-foot-7, 197-pound right-shooting defenseman was selected 29th overall by the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday night.
His parents probably finished the job when they got home..
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth