Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov isn’t used to losing in the Stanley Cup Finals, and he let his frustrations get the best of him in the series-clinching loss on Sunday night.
This week, new video shows Kucherov taking out his frustration at the team’s equipment manager with precious seconds still on the clock.
When Tampa was desperately trying to even the score with less than a minute in the game, Kucherov broke his stick, and came back to the bench for a new one. Unfortunately, the teams equipment manager didn’t realize what occurred, and didn’t have a stick ready.
Instead of waiting a second or just taking a teammates stick, Nikita Kucherov threw a whole tantrum — whipping off his gloves and chucking them at the poor equipment manager.
Kucherov broke his stick and heads to the bench. The equipment manager doesn’t have one ready, so he chucks his gloves at him and quits.
— Nasher (@TheNasher61) June 27, 2022
Nikita Kucherov is widely regarded as Tampa Bay’s best scorer and perhaps overall player. But this is obviously not the best look for the guy.
After taking a dangerous hit from the Avalanche earlier in the series, Kucherov was forced to play through an injured meniscus in the coming games, and it was easy to tell that he was not as explosive as he can be.
Let’s just hope he apologized to the equipment manager for this uncalled for outburst.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth