It sure looks like Russell Westbrook wants to get the hell out of LA.
This week, a Lakers fan account tweeted out a video from Stephen A. Smith which called out the front office and owner Jeanie Buss for her peculiar moves after the 2020 championship.
Then tweet called out the team for gutting the 2020 roster after the championship, as well ad Buss’s comment that Michael Jordan is the GOAT.
Russell Westbrook “liked” the tweet slamming the Lakers and Jeanie Buss.
— LakeShowYo (@LakeShowYo) August 15, 2022
Sure enough, Russell Westbrook took away his like when realizing that he was going viral, but the damage was already done.
After the dismal season in LA, the general consensus was that there was no way that the team would keep him around for another season. But after trade talks stalled, new Lakers head coach Darvin Ham spoke on his excitement to coach Westbrook.
“I love Russell Westbrook, man. Just his mentality, his approach. Just to see him, a guy of that magnitude and everything he’s done in the league to get hated on. But being me, I got a wholehearted plan, a clear plan on how I’m going to use him,” Ham said during his introductory press conference.
Last season, Westbrook averaged just 18.5 PPG to go along with 7.1 assists on the season.
Of course, both Westbrook and Lakers nation have a sour taste int heir mouths about the way last season went down. And now, the point guard is letting his frustrations be shown on social media.
We’ll see if the Lakers really decide to keep Russell Westbrook around for next season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments