Sometimes you have to wait to get paid.
Cameron Smith charged his way into history on the Old Course, a Sunday stunner at St. Andrews that sent the Aussie to his first major title by overcoming Rory McIlroy to win the Open Championship. Cam Smith stole the show by running off five straight birdies to start the back nine and delivering more clutch moments at the end.
Five straight birdies for Cam Smith as he grabs the outright lead
— Barstool Sportsbook (@BSSportsbook) July 17, 2022
His 8-under 64 was the lowest final round by a champion in the 30 times golf’s oldest championship has been played at St. Andrews. Once he officially won, a bettor cashed in on a two leg parlay. The first part of the parlay bet was the Colorado Avalanche to win. All he needed was Cam Smith to win. One DraftKings Sportsbook bettor turned $100 into $18,450. The bettor made the bet more than three months prior on April 4th. At that time, the parlay presented odds of +18350.
On April 4th, a bettor put $100 on a 2-leg parlay at +18350 odds:
✅ Colorado Avalanche to win the Stanley Cup
✅ Cameron Smith to win the Open Championship
Payout: $18,450.00 pic.twitter.com/Ex6H2DOJNd
— DraftKings Sportsbook (@DKSportsbook) July 18, 2022
Smith’s win came after the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup on June 26th, besting the Tampa Bay Lightning in six games during the best-of-seven series.
Talk about a bet worth waiting for.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth