It’s all about the division.
The trade market for Jimmy Garoppolo is really non existent at this point, as most teams have their QB situation lined up for the coming season. There’s also available trade partners, and those are far and few between. The San Francisco 49ers reportedly do not want to do business with one of the most logical suitors for Jimmy G.
NFL reporter Jordan Schultz tweeted Monday that San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch does not want to trade Garoppolo to the NFC West rival Seattle Seahawks.
“As of this morning, the #49ers had not made any more progress on a Jimmy Garappolo trade, sources say. San Francisco would clear $25.5M in cap space if he’s released by tomorrow’s 4pm ET deadline. I’m also told John Lynch prefers not to face Jimmy G with the #Seahawks Week 2.”
As the report stated, the Niners have not made any real progress in regards to trading Jimmy G. Basically there are just not any takers.
Clearly the Niners have zero leverage, as rival teams probably do not believe they are going to keep Garoppolo on their roster as a backup. The Niners will save more than $25 million against the salary cap if they release Garoppolo before Tuesday afternoon.
The Seahawks recently named Geno Smith as their starting quarterback. Jimmy is a clear upgrade at QB for Seattle, but you can’t blame the Niners for not wanting to help a bitter division rival.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth