Russell Wilson being traded was quite the blindside to the general public.
Apparently some players were even thrown for a loop too. Seahawks star receiver DK Metcalf was a recent guest on Kevin Garnett’s “KG Certified,” where he spoke to the former NBA legend about the trade. Metcalf was shocked by it all as he really felt like Russell Wilson as destined to be a Seahawk for life.
DK was also surprised by how the coaches and management only let him know later in the day after it was announced already.
“I ain’t heard from Pete [Carroll] until later that night and John [Schneider] because they were probably busy with phone calls and everything,” Metcalf said. “I never thought he was gonna leave Seattle. I was in just in shock because I didn’t think it was gonna happen.”
NFL teams want players to remain loyal but they don’t even extend the common courtesy of letting their players know about a big move. I wouldn’t be surprised if DK Metcalf follows Russ out the door the first chance he gets.
He’ll find out soon enough just how hard it can be without a top flight QB.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth