A little mistake quickly turned viral.
Eagles player DeVonta Smith was attending Sunday’s NBA playoff game between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Miami Heat, and for whatever reason the NBA jumbotron put him on the screen and botched his status with the Eagles. Smith was labeled a “former Philadelphia Eagle,” but the former Heisman Trophy winner is currently still under contract with the Eagles.
BREAKING: Devonta Smith has been traded or released or retired or something pic.twitter.com/4XxIhp0pyw
— Awesemo Fantasy Football (@AwesemoFantasy) May 9, 2022
The current Eagles wide receiver retweeted the image on Twitter, and wrote, “Damn, got fired on my day off.”
Damn, got fired on my day off 😭 https://t.co/lZrXZAD3kX
— DeVonta Smith (@DeVontaSmith_6) May 9, 2022
Philadelphia drafted Smith No. 10 overall in the 2021 NFL Draft.
He led the Eagles with 64 catches for 916 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also set a new rookie record for receiving yards. So yea, he’s not going anywhere.
Somebody fire that Jumbotron graphics guy.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth