The times they are a changing.
The NFL has another first, as the Carolina Panthers are officially the first NFL team to hire an openly transgender female cheerleader. Justine Simone Lindsay, the newest NFL cheerleader, made the announcement she made the Panthers’ Topcats cheerleading squad
“Cats Out the Bag you are looking at the newest member of the Carolina Panthers TopCats Cheerleader’s @topcats as the first Transgender female,” Lindsay wrote. “I would like to thank the beautiful and talented dancers who supported me along the way alumni TopCats family and friends for your love and support.”
See her post below:
“I was so scared,” Lindsay told BuzzFeed News about posting the Instagram in her first interview since joining the team. “There’s just some things you can’t post.”
Meet Justine Lindsay, the NFL's first out trans cheerleaderhttps://t.co/h5rFNR5UiV
— Jael Holzman (@jholz__) June 6, 2022
“My goal is to create a team of individuals that are absolute fire on the field but are incredible human beings in the locker room, good friends, good people, and at the end of the day, you have to walk through the door first to get to that spot,” Lanouette said.
Not sure she’ll have much to cheer about this season as the Panthers aren’t predicted to win more than 6 or 7 games.
We’ll see if she helps things out.
Check out more of the newest Topcat below:
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth