Baker Mayfield felt disrespected on how everything went down with the Browns acquiring Deshaun Watson.
“I feel disrespected 100%,’’ Mayfield said on the Ya Never Know podcast earlier this month. “Because I was told one thing and they completely did the other.’’
GM Andrew Berry rejected the notion that the Browns told Baker Mayfield one thing and did another, which left him feeling disrespected.
“We were very transparent with his reps,’’ Berry said Friday during his pre-draft press conference at Browns headquarters in Berea. “We can all understand how Baker feels. … Baker is a competitive and driven young man, he’s had success as a quarterback and will continue to have success as a quarterback.”
Mayfield requested a trade away from the Browns right before they acquired former Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson in a blockbuster trade. Berry declined to discuss current trade prospects for the former No. 1 overall pick.
“Quite honestly, my focus has been on the draft next week,’’ Berry said. “I’ll shift my focus after that.’’
Mayfield was under the impression that he would be the team’s starting quarterback in 2022 but now we know that wasn’t the Browns plan.
Baker was given plenty of opportunities to prove he was the QB for their future, it just didn’t work out.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth