Russell Westbrook and the Los Angeles Lakers are in a very complicated relationship.
Westbrook and the Los Angeles Lakers have seemingly been at odds since they acquired the NBA star. Russ did not have a good season with the Los Angeles Lakers to say the least, and at $47 million a season, it is hard to justify keeping him on their roster. But trading him hasn’t exactly been an easy task, mostly because of his exorbitant salary. The Lakers have tried their hardest to trade Russell Westbrook, but so far nothing has materialized. It is believed that the Lakers are trying to move Russ and their two first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 but like we know, there have been zero takers.
According to a new report from Marc Stein, it has been revealed that the Los Angeles Lakers still want to trade Russ but they are not going to make him stay home if they can’t find a trade. They would much rather he play as they know having him on the floor is better than not having anyone at all.
REPORT: The Lakers lean “very strongly” against the idea of sending Russell Westbrook home in case they can’t find a trade.
— Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops) September 5, 2022
It was reported not too long ago the Los Angeles Lakers were planning on giving Russ the John Wall treatment, which would be just to pay him not to play.
Either way, it is a tough situation for both parties as it has become apparent that the two sides would prefer to move on from one another.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments