Could we be getting closer to having Brittney Griner return back to the United States?
Today, it was reported that president Joe Biden is now offering Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout in exchange for Griner and fellow U.S. citizen Paul Whelan.
The Biden administration has offered to exchange Russian arms trafficker Viktor Bout for Americans Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan, per @CNN
Griner has been detained for 160 days. pic.twitter.com/iGcpT8P07v
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 27, 2022
Brittney Griner’s trial has begun after she was found with canabis oil is a Russian airport earlier in the year.
In her defense, Griner has been claiming that she was unclear about the laws in Russia, and has since plead guilty to the infraction.
The White House admitted that they had made an offer to Russia in order to get Griner back home.
“We communicated a substantial offer that we believe could be successful based on a history of conversations with the Russians,” a senior administration official told CNN Wednesday. “We communicated that a number of weeks ago, in June.”
Hopefully this significant step makes us closer to seeing Brittney Griner back in the US.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth